My name is Bruce Milton and I am Chief here at Dr. Byte. I have had a long and extensive career in the computer industry. This has allowed me to work with so many different technologies and colleagues over the years.
My specialty is System Design and Administration, which includes a deep understanding of networking, database and most importantly security.
Here is a summary of what I have worked on over the years.
- DEC Alpha & VAX, IBM Mainframe, AS/400, Intel, Sun, HP-UX, AIX, EMC SAN
- Windows 3.11/NT/95/98/ME/Vista/7/2000/2003/2008, Windows CE/PocketPC, Windows Mobile 5 & 6, PalmOS, EPOC, Symbian, IOS, OpenVMS, DEC UNIX, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, RedHat/SuSI/CentOS Linux, VM/ESA, VM/VSE, VM/CMS, OS/400, OS/2 LAN Server, OS/2, Netware, QNX, VMWare ESX, Citrix XenServer
- Sybase SQL Anywhere, Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, DB2, DB2/2, Informix, MySQL
- CodeWarrior, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual C++, Watcom C/C++, WindRiver Tornado II, Front Page, Paradigm Plus, MS Access, Flex Builder, Embarcadero RadPHP XE, Xcode
- SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Java Script, Basic, VB, VB Script, C, C#, C++, ESQL, DCL, Rexx, ASP, JSP, HTML, COBOL, Assembler, Perl, Adobe Flex, PHP, Objective-C
- Solution Manager, ECC, CRM, NetWeaver Mobile, DOE, Mobile Gateway, SAP Router, SAP Service Portal
Application Server Environments
- Sybase EA Server, WebSphere
- TCP/IP, NetBEUI, IPX/SPX, DECnet, LAT, VTAM, Token Ring
- Rumbaugh/OMT, Booch, Jacobson (Use Case)
Project Management Tools
- Microsoft Project, Symantec TimeLine
Desktop Productivity Tools
- Microsoft Office, Lotus 1-2-3, Lotus Freelance, WordPerfect